Saturday, October 19, 2013

Antelope Island 50k

So, I decided to run a 50k (for those of us who use english distances, that's 31 miles).  The reason:  it went to parts of the west side of Antelope Island that the public is not generally allowed to go visit.  There were some bison and antelope, but not many today.
Since I was running, Mark let me borrow the little point and shoot olympus.  It did it's job and was lighter weight than my Nikon.

Prior to the race:

Elephant Head.  Picture was at about the 7.5 mile mark, looking north.  We had crossed over it at about the 5-6 mile mark then went down into the valley.  I now realize why it's named Elephant Head:


8 shot pano of the valley.  this is the area that is normally off-limits.  It was a 1000' climb from the bottom to the top (pic was taken just shy of the crest):



All-in-all a good day.  Wonderful race and volunteers.  Perfect wx.  I even beat my goal time, despite breaking a finger near the 10 mile mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment